Important: Smart Gate / Smart Key users - please update the Smart Key (iOS) app to the latest release
Apple today released iOS 11.2, the second major update to the iOS 11 operating system available on the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. iOS 11.2 comes a month after iOS 11.1, the first major update to iOS 11, and it follows several other smaller bug fix updates.
The iOS 11.2 update is available on all eligible devices over-the-air in the Settings app. To access the update, go to Settings --> General --> Software Update. Eligible devices include the iPhone 5s and later, the iPad mini 2 and later, the iPad Air and later, and the 6th-generation iPod touch.
iOS 11.2, as a major 11.x update, brings several new features and important bug fixes. It introduces Apple Pay Cash, Apple's peer-to-peer payments service. Apple Pay Cash works through the Messages app and is designed to allow for quick person-to-person money transfers, like Square Cash or Venmo.
You can quickly and easily send and receive money through iMessage conversations with Apple Pay Cash. Cash is sent from a linked debit or credit card, while received cash is stored in an Apple Pay Cash card in the Wallet app and can be used for purchases or transferred to a bank account. For more on Apple Pay Cash.
For the iPhone X, iPhone 8, and iPhone 8 Plus iOS 11.2 appears to introduce faster 7.5W wireless charging speeds through compatible Qi-based wireless charging accessories. At 7.5W charging speeds, the three new iPhones are able to charge faster wirelessly than with the standard 5W wired iPhone power adapter.
When it comes to the iPhone X interface, iOS 11.2 adds a small bar underneath the status bar icons located at the upper right side of the Lock screen, which is designed to make the location of the Control Center gesture more clear. On the iPhone X, Control Center is accessed by swiping down from the top of the device.
In Control Center on all devices, there are two new informational pop-ups that are displayed when using the Wi-Fi or Bluetooth toggles. These pop-ups explain that Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are disabled temporarily rather than permanently when accessed from the Control Center.
iOS 11.2 introduces a new Sports section in the dedicated TV app, which offers up access to live sports games through integration with the ESPN app. The Sports app can be accessed through a new "Sports" tab at the bottom of the app, and it offers up custom content based on team preferences and current sports seasons.
There are multiple bug fixes in the update, including a fix for an animation bug in the Calculator app that caused some numbers and symbols to be ignored when entered in rapid succession. The update removes the animations from the calculator app so calculations can be done quickly with no need to pause between entering numbers to obtain the correct result.
The update also addresses a date bug that caused continual crashing in iOS 11.1.2 after December 2. The problem was linked to local notifications, and according to a support document, it is fixed in iOS 11.2.
Other new features in iOS 11.2 include redesigned camera emojis and other emoji tweaks, a new loading animation for Live Photos effects, and Live wallpapers for the iPhone X. For developers, the update introduces a new feature that allows them to offer new customers discounted introductory pricing for auto-renewable subscriptions in the App Store.
With iBlue Smart Gate and the iBlue Smart Key application you can give access to your gate with a virtual shared key.
- unlimited key: it hasn't any limitation, the unlimited shared key owner can manage the gate until the master key owner revoked that.
- time based key: the master key owner can share access with expiration date and time, the key can no longer be used after the expiration date
- one-time key: this kind of shared key only permits one usage
With the Smart Key app you can share unlimited numbers of access to unlimited numbers of users. It hasn't any usage fee. It is totally free to use.
Fake iBlue Smart Gate products at the Amazon Prime Marketplace.
We have been informed that several customers have purchased a fake iBlue Smart Gate from Amazon Prime (UK, Spain and French). Products sold by Amazon Prime are unlicensed fake devices. Product description and pictures are stolen from other dealers. TheÂ product is misleadingly similar to the original iBlue Smart Gate product but can not be used and does not work with the official iBlue Smart Key application.
These devices from Amazon Prime are banned our servers - do not work, there is no warranty and product support!
Buy iBlue Smart Gate only from iBlue contracted partners.
The following dealers are official iBlue resellers in the Amazon Marketplace:
- Selindus (UK and India)
- iBlue Espana (Spain)
- 3Bit (Italy)
Buy only from an authorized reseller or at iBlue's webshop. You will find a reseller list here.
If you purchased fake iBlue Smart Gate product from the Amazon Prime seller, please contact us.
Update: please do not use OTA (Over-the-Air) update from iOS 10 to iOS 11. Download the latest IPSW file for your iPhone or iPad then update with iTunes.
1. Connect your iPhone or iOS device to your computer.
2. Select the device in iTunes.
3. On a Mac, hold down the â€œOptionâ€ key and then click on â€œUpdateâ€
4. On a Windows PC, hold down â€œSHIFTâ€ key and then click on â€œUpdateâ€
5. Select the IPSW file you downloaded and click â€œChooseâ€
6. Let the iOS device update as usual.
Here's How to Fix it
Like in case of any major iOS software update this time also some users seem to have problems after updating (OTA) to iOS 11 such as Wi-Fi / Bluetooth connection problems, draining battery life a lot faster etc.
Some users seem to be having problems connecting their iPhones and iPads to Bluetooth devices (iBlue Smart Gate) after installing the iOS 11 update.
For the very first step, please take it into consideration, that the problem is actually based on your iPhone or iPad and not on the Bluetooth accessory (iBlue Smart Gate /Smart Key) you're trying to connect to.
After you have considered that the problem lies in you iPhone or iPad running iOS 11, here are a few solutions you could try:
1. Turn off Bluetooth and Reboot
The first thing to try is to turn off your Bluetooth and restart your iPhone or iPad:
- Turn off Bluetooth by going to Settings > Bluetooth and turning off the Bluetooth toggle.
- Hard reset your iPhone by holding the Home button (Volume down button on iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus) and the Power button until you see the Apple logo.
- Now enable Bluetooth again from Control Center or Settings > Bluetooth.
- Try connecting to the device now. If the problem still isn't solved, try the next solution.
2. Reset Network Settings
If the first tip did not work, you could also try resetting your network settings. A side effect of doing this is that all your Wi-Fi settings will also be cleared, so you might have to rejoin Wi-Fi networks, and configure VPN all over again.
Here's how to reset network settings:
- Open Settings and navigate to General > Reset
- Tap Reset Network Settings
- You'll be required to enter your passcode, if you have one.
- Confirm your action in the popup
3. Restore and Setup as new iPhone
This is not ideal, but if none of these tips fix your issues, the last resort is to restore your iPhone or iPad via iTunes, and set it up as a new device. This way, you start afresh, and get rid of possibly problematic customizations and settings on your device.
- Open iTunes on your Mac or PC. If you can't access a computer and your device still works, you can erase and restore your device without a computer.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to your computer with the cable that came with your device.
- If a message asks for your device passcode or to Trust This Computer, follow the onscreen steps. If you forgot your passcode, get help.
- Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod when it appears in iTunes. For an unresponsive device or one that won't turn on, learn what to do. Or get help if your device doesn't appear in iTunes.
- In the Summary panel, click Restore [device].
- Click Restore again to confirm. Then iTunes erases your device and installs the latest iOS or iPod software.
- After your device restores to factory settings, it restarts. Now you can set it up as new.
4. Repair Bluetooth Issues on iOS 11 via ReiBoot
If your Bluetooth not available on iOS 11 still exist, you may then try to use third party software to fix this problem. ReiBoot, a free tool to put iOS device into recovery mode and bring it back to normal with 1 click.
Windows: Free Download Size: 5.4MB ( For Windows )
Mac: Free Download Size: 9.5MB ( For Mac )
Run ReiBoot and connect iPhone with PC/Mac. Click "Enter Recovery Mode", and click "Exit Recovery Mode" until you see iTunes and USB icons on iPhone screen. Then your iPhone may turn back to normal.
Besides, if the Bluetooth connectivity issues on iOS 11 related to your iPhone operating system, you can also use the powerful feature Fix All iOS Stuck of ReiBoot to repair corrupted iOS system to get the problem solved.
5. Repair Bluetooth Issues on iOS 11 with eBeacon app
- Download the eBeacon application from the AppStore: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ebeacon-ibeacon-eddystone-ble-device-scanner/id730279939?mt=8
- When you start the app, it will search for the device, so it will be also viable in the Bluetooth devices list.
- After this, you have to switch off and again on the BT in the settings.
- Then you restart your phone.
- From then on, the Bluetooth module will be updated, so there won’t be any disfunction.
- And the Smart Key app will also see the device.
Support article source:
The free smartphone app required to operate the gate opener can be downloaded from the App Store (iOS), Google Play (Android).
Using the application, the virtual keys of iBlue devices can be shared with family members and friends to use based on their own individual access rights. In case of office buildings and residential parks, virtual keys belonging to one gate can be easily shared in an unlimited manner using an application managed by a primary user.
It can be yours: https://iblue.eu/store
On 17 September, the latest iOS 11 will be available for download. We are preparing for the big event. The latest iBlue Smart Key (iOS) app is already at Apple.
If you already have iOS 11 beta on your phone, please send us (email@example.com) the Apple ID and receive an invitation to the Test Flight version.
#NOLD #AUGUST #NETATMO
The Smart Key app. Your mobile command center.
iBlue Smart Gate works with the free Smart Key app to create keys, grant access, view the activity log, and more, available for Android™ and iOS®. You can even use your Apple watch to lock/unlock your door, view your activity log, and receive instant notifications.
Buy Smart Gate: http://iblue.eu/store/
Only for ibluesmarthome.com readers: use the IBLUESMARTHOME discount code for additional 10% discount.
Click to buy: http://iblue.eu/immobilizer-packages-store/
- 2 pcs Immobilizer Devices
- 1 pcs Smart Gate Device
- Quick Start Guide
- PUK / QR code card
- Free apps for iPhone and Android
Click to buy: http://iblue.eu/smart-gate-packages-store/
- 1 pcs Immobilizer Devices
- 2 pcs Smart Gate Device
- Quick Start Guide
- PUK / QR code card
- Free apps for iPhone and Android